mercoledì 3 marzo 2010

Intervista a Jane Monheit

In occasione della sua partecipazione al Philippine International Jazz and Arts Festival, la rivista locale Abs-Cbn News ha intervista la splendida cantante Jane Monheit, senza dubbio una delle voci più importanti del jazz moderno.
How did you come to appreciate jazz music?
I grew up with it. It's the music in our living room as a kid, and in our grandparents' house. It's a family thing. My husband grew that way too. So when we met, it was amazing. And now, we're giving it [jazz music] to our son, he gets it live all the time.
So you're really into music. Is it in the genes?
Yes. I'm the only professional musician in our family although certainly, they all have talent. My mother is into theater and sings in choirs, my brother is a songwriter and a rock guitar player. He's just brilliant, but he's in real estate. Everyone [in the family] chose to do different things.
It's all kinds [of music], every genre for our family. I never stopped singing, and now my son is like that too.
What do you like most about jazz music?
One of the greatest things about jazz is its international aspect. It's a genre that's well-loved around the world. When we travel around and see people from different cultures, they love the same form of music. It's a really wonderful thing.
I think it [jazz] is becoming a bit more popular now thanks to certain artists. I usually see everyone love jazz during Christmas time. I like that time of year when it [jazz] just branches out and people love it.
But of course, it would be better if they try those that aren't Christmas songs. Maybe someday.
L'intervista integrale è pubblicata a questo link.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento